Tropico 3: Absolute Power is the official expansion pack for the hit PC title Tropico 3. Your task is to lead a remote Caribbean island to prosperity, using whatever means necessary. Absolute Power adds “more of everything” to the gameplay and focuses on new ways to cement your reign as “El Presidente”.
- 6 new buildings (Garbage Dump, Marina, Small Garage, Grade School, etc.)
- New buildings category for current and new decorations with individual icons
- New campaign featuring 10 missions on a separate map with 10 islands also available in sandbox mode.
- 10 new Megalomania edicts – demonstrate your absolute power by ordering the construction of a huge golden statue of Tropico’s top export, declaring an annual festival dedicated to yourself, and many more “loony dictator” edicts: Print money, national holiday, El Presidente posters everywhere
- 6 Landmarks – Huge decorations and buildings which dominate the island landscape and make each island unique. To unlock these special buildings, you will have to earn favor with an island faction.
- New faction – The new Loyalist faction slowly gains power and membership during your reign. The loyalists are your dire-hearth supporters. They want no elections, since you’re obviously the best candidate, they want a statue of you at every corner and so on.
- Faction Disasters – Low standing with any island faction will trigger a new disaster. For example, if the Intellectuals faction is displeased with you, the “student protests” disaster will trigger.
- New Intro and Win/Lose Cutscenes
- 4 Additional Avatar Costumes – 2 male and 2 female sets of avatar parts (costume, haircuts, etc.)
- Beautification upgrades for the presidential palace
- More icons displaying the status of buildings and displaying input/output storage numbers for selected buildings.
- Prevalent faction – In every sandbox game one faction is chosen as “prevalent” on the island. Members of this faction will be especially numerous throughout the entire game and thus their satisfaction will be more important than usually. In some special mission the prevalent faction may gradually shift during the game (e.g.: Initially the Communists are prevalent, but later the Religious Faction takes their place).
- More Radio Announcements – There will be several new announcements, related to the new gameplay features.
- Gravel roads – Second type of road for rural areas with decreased travel speed