The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times – geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers –– and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges. If you are to triumph over your naysayers you will need to gain as much support from your people as possible. Your decisions will shape the future of your nation, and more importantly, the size of your off-shore bank account.
Tropico 4 expands on the gameplay of the previous game with new political additions – including more superpowers to negotiate with, along with the ability to elect ministers into power to help get your more controversial policies passed. But remember to keep your friends close and your enemies closer as everyone has an agenda! Your political mettle will be thoroughly tested, as new natural disasters will have the populace clamoring for you and your cabinet to help them recover from some of the worst Mother Nature can dish out.
Tropico 4 also brings a new level of social interaction with the addition of Facebook and Twitter integration. Post comments on Twitter direct from the game and have updates go out when you complete missions or unlock new achievements. You can even take screenshots of your burgeoning island and post your dream creation on your Tropico 4 Facebook page and compare your interactive Dictator Ranking on the online leaderboards.
- New campaign consisting of 20 missions on 10 new maps
- 20 new buildings including Stock Exchange, Shopping mall, Aqua Park and a Mausoleum to El Presidente
- Six new Interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes
- Council of Ministers – appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts in the government to help push through your more controversial decisions
- National Agenda – receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events such as ongoing disasters
- Facebook and Twitter integration – post live Tweets directly from the game or create posts automatically upon completion of missions, unlocking achievements, etc. Store and display achievements on a Tropico 4 Facebook page and see their how your Dictator rankings fare against other players (PC only feature)
- Screenshot gallery – take screenshots of your tropical paradise and share on your Facebook page (PC only feature
- Trading system – import and export goods to/from other nations to boost your economy or production
Tropico 4 Gold Edition is the ultimate city building experience, including: Tropico 4 and the “Modern Times” expansion.
As the president of a tiny Caribbean island, it’s up to you to lead your country to greatness! Will you be a benevolent and tolerant leader, or a power-mad dictator? Will your economy rely on tourism, farming, big business or cheap sweatshops? The decisions you make will shape the future of your island, and more importantly, the size of your off-shore bank account.
However, time waits for no-one, not even El Presidente. The world is changing and Tropico is moving up with the times: geopolitical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers – and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges. If you are to triumph over your naysayers you will need to gain as much support from your people as possible – whether with the carrot or the stick is your choice.
- Become the heroic leader, or a despicable despot as your customized El Presidente avatar makes decisions for the good or ill of the people
- Two extensive campaigns consisting of more than 30 unique missions including the new “Modern Times” campaign
- More than 100 buildings in total, including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park, car factories and shuttle launch pad
- Face interactive real-time disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes
- Council of Ministers – Elevate citizens to government positions to help push through your more controversial decisions
- National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign powers and secret societies
- Sandbox mode for custom games, with improved map and scenario editor for endless replayability