Tropico 4 Modern Times
The times are changing and the island nation of Tropico is evolving. The Internet, a New World Order, terrorists, global financial markets and space exploration are on the rise and pose new challenges to El Presidente and his regime. Old buildings and structures are becoming obsolete and need to be upgraded or even replaced by their modern counterparts. Cars and transportation need modernization to meet the needs of a changing economy; and now El Presidente can even send people to the International Space Station! El Presidente and his ministers must now join the war against terror and control Internet regulation and freedom of speech on Tropico.
- Make Tropico fit for the 21st century: Evolve the island from the Cold War era to modern times and even into the Future
- 30 new buildings become available as time progresses, including condos, skyscrapers, Organic Ranches and
Biofarms. Replace obsolete buildings with these modern and inspiring designs
- Upgrade old buildings to new variants – modernized apartment buildings, banks, museums and much more
- 10 new edicts allow even more control over your citizens’ lives. Block or limit citizens’ Internet use, create a police state or be a “good guy” and launch the Festival of Love edict
- New single player campaign comprised of 12 comprehensive scenario missions. Protect Tropico from unseen and sinister forces
Tropico 4: Apocalypse
The Cold War has turned hot and nuclear conflict is inevitable. Prepare the island nation of Tropico for the coming apocalypse and carefully choose which resources and factions to save from certain eradication. The new Nuclear Shelter provides and converts faction bonuses depending on its work mode. Don the new Hazmat suit and choose the Survivalist trait to become a true doomsday prepper.
- New building: Nuclear Shelter (provides bonuses depending on work mode)
- New trait: Survivalist (Tropicans need less food)
- New outfit: Hazmat suit
- New mission: How I learned to love the bomb – Survive a doomsday scenario
Tropico 4: The Academy
Due to a budget SNAFU (for which Penultimo is not responsible), the remote island of Isla Guerra is revolting against El Presidente’s regime. Tropico needs to recruit skilled cadets via the new East Point Academy and prepare for a large scale assault by an invading enemy army. The East Point Graduate trait enables El Presidente to prevail against enemies in combat and the Cadet’s uniform completes this military-centric package.
- New building: East Point Academy (provides college and military education, cadets are skilled soldiers and generals)
- New trait: East Point Graduate (enemies are always killed and not wounded by El Presidente in combat)
- New outfit: East Point Cadet (female avatar)
- New mission: Peace, Love and Understanding – Repel a large scale foreign invasion
Tropico 4: Propaganda!
Tropico is invited to participate in the International Communist Propaganda competition! Turn the most absurd propaganda slogans into reality using the new Propaganda Tower building which suppresses protesters and converts citizens to loyalists, use the PR Specialist trait to brainwash your people and finally compete with the likes of Stalin and Lenin with the Party Leader outfit.
- New building: Propaganda Tower (suppresses protests and converts citizens)
- New trait: PR Specialist (journalists brainwash citizens to vote for El Presidente)
- New outfit: Party Leader
- New mission: The Communist Propaganda Competition
Tropico 4: Voodoo DLC
Poor healthcare is responsible for the death of the last remaining voodoo priest on Tropico. A new threat rises when the evil sorceress Vanya arrives from Soviet Russia to curse El Presidente and his regime. Study the mystical ways of voodoo and use them to your benefit with the new Voodoo Manor tourist attraction, impress your people by wearing a fancy Witch Doctor costume combined with a new voodoo trait enabling your people to survive even with the poorest of healthcare.
- New building: Voodoo Manor (a luxury tourist attraction)
- New trait: Witch Doctor (Tropicans need less healthcare)
- New outfit: Witch Doctor
- New mission: The Big Voodoo Shuffle – Create an El Presidente voodoo doll to contain the curse!
Tropico 4: Vigilante DLC
People on the island know him as El Presidente, their absolute ruler. Little they suspect that he is also the Masked Avenger, the mysterious dashing rogue that wages war against crime, rebels and political dissidents. Use the new labor camp to put convicts to good use, wear the original Zorro mask and use the Alter Ego trait to improve crime safety.
- New building: Labor camp (convicts grow corn, sugar or tobacco)
- New trait: Alter Ego (improves crime safety, boosts relations with nationalists and tourism)
- New outfit: Zorro (male avatar)
- New mission: The Masked Avenger
Tropico 4: Megalopolis DLC
Build the largest city in the Caribbean on an island with constant influx of immigrants. Deal with problems such as unemployment, over-population and food shortages. Use the Conventillo, a cheap residential building that houses many residents using little space. Wear an old-fashioned suit with a monocle, mayoral necklace and use the bureaucrat trait for cheaper residential buildings and more profits from the “building permit” edict.
- New building: Conventillo (housing quality degrades over time, has to be renovated frequently)
- New trait: Bureaucrat (cheaper residential buildings, more profits from “building permit” edict)
- New outfit: Mayor (male avatar)
- New mission: Megalopolis
Tropico 4: Pirate Heaven DLC
Turn your island into a pirate haven, the Tortuga of modern times! Abducting ships for ransom, pillaging and plundering is a surefire way to worsen your relations with the foreign powers, so you will have to take special measures to prevent an invasion. The new smuggler’s hut building allows imports even during an embargo but at higher prices, don a pirate queen outfit and use the sailor trait for increased ship traffic and a boost to all naval-themed buildings.
- New building: Smuggler’s hut (allows imports during embargo)
- New trait: Sailor (increases ship traffic and boosts naval-themed buildings)
- New outfit: Pirate Queen (female avatar)
- New mission: Pirate Haven
Tropico 4: Quick-dry Cement DLC
Build the ultimate Tropican metropolis! The new cement factory accelerates all construction on the island, the “Constructor” trait gives your construction workers a skill boost and the engineer helmet makes El Presidente look like a real pro. A Tropican flagpole, small park, flower beds, trees and the constructor statue are among the new decoration items. The “Largest City in the Caribbean” mission will see you build a huge, sprawling metropolis across an entire island while fighting all kinds of disasters.
- Building: Cement Factory (accelerates all constructions on the island)
- Character Trait: Constructor (free cement factory, construction workers gain skill faster)
- Character Outfit / Vanity Item: Engineer helmet (for male and female avatars)
- Mission theme: The largest city in the Caribbean – build a huge city across the whole island while fighting all kinds of disasters
- Decorations: Tropican flagpole, Small park, Flower bed 2, Flowering tree 2, Constructor statue
Tropico 4: Plantador DLC
Get into the plantation business! Construct new plantations for more workers and larger fields, choose the “Plantador” character trait for improved agricultural production and export prices and wear a sombrero. New decoration items include a water reservoir, a windmill, flower beds and trees. The mission “Research” challenges you to build a profitable industry while researching and unlocking new buildings as you go.
- Building: Plantation – very large farm that can produce cash crops (sugar, tobacco, coffee). Houses more workers and has more fields than the normal farm
- Character Trait: Plantador (Improved agriculture production and export prices)
- Character Outfit / Vanity Item: Sombrero (for male and female avatars)
- Mission Theme: Research – most buildings are initially locked, the player chooses which building to research and unlock first. The goal is to make a profitable Industry. Plantation is available from the beginning and may supply the industry with raw materials.
- Decorations: Water reservoir, Wind propeller, Water tower, Flower bed1, Flowering tree1
Tropico 4: Junta Military DLC
Time to get military! Secure your rule of Tropico with the new bunker, the “Veteran” character trait for a more battle-hardened military leader and an appropriate dress uniform. Decorate the island with the new guard booths, oberservation tower, ammunitions depot, barricades and a tank! The “New Sparta” mission will see you build a militaristic society while under pressure from pesky rebels.
- Building: Bunker – functions like a larger and more expensive Guard Station, does not require generals, houses 5 soldiers.
- Character Trait: Veteran (Avatar performs better in battle, improved militarist respect).
- Character Outfit / Vanity Item: Dress Uniform (female).
- Decoration Items: Guard booth, Small observation tower, Camouflaged ammo depot, Concrete barricades, APC.
- Mission theme: New Sparta – build a militaristic society while being constantly pressured by the rebels.